Saturday, July 4, 2009

Ska Brewing True Blonde Dubbel

I brought this 22oz. waxed capped Belgium style Pale Strong Ale over to a friend's house and happily sipped it away for hours. When you first pour it you notice its hazy golden yellow color with a thick creamy head. The aromas come off sweet with notes of caramel roasted hops, citrus and apples. The palate has a sugary sweetness with yeasty, honey, and fruity flavors surrounded by caramel roasted malt that leads into a long, slightly bitter finish. With such intense aromas I was expecting a little more from the palate, which I found to be a little flat. Nonetheless, this is a wonderful craft beer for the summer time.
$6/22oz. Bomber

Rating: 9.0 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. Great Beer. I found this to be one of the smoothest belgium style beers I have had from a domestic brewery. Good job Ska!

    ReplyDelete